"Everyone should feel comfortable in their own skin."
I look forward to welcoming you in my office.
Medical consultation and therapy are offered in German or English.
I provide information and treatment for all topics related to the skin. If you have a problem with your skin or if you would like to improve your skin's condition, please call for an appointment and visit my office.
If you discover one of the following changes to your skin, please make sure to visit the office as soon as possible:
- a "wound" that does not seem to heal
- a reddish mark that sometimes shows encrustations or feels like sandpaper
- a new growth with an asymmetric/irregular boarder
- a new shiny knot
- a scarred spot on your skin
- a suspicious looking mole
I recommend a yearly checkup
, even if you did not notice any changes.
Monday, Wednesday 9.00 a.m. - 14.00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday 14.00 - 16.00 p.m.
Please contact us for an appointment.
If you have an urgent skin problem, emergency appointments are available upon request.
PRIVATE insurance and Austrian insurances
BVA, KFA, SVA, VA
"Wahlarzt" for Gebietskrankenkasse
Dr. Ilse Holtenau
Taborstraße 11a / 16
Tel: +43 (0) 1 212 49 69
A short overview of my services
In my office, I offer mole assessment with epiluminescence microscopy (Mole Max).
If a surgical procedure is necessary, you will receive further comprehensive medical consultation. Small surgical removals can be performed in my office.
Diagnosis and Treatment of Skin Diseases
For instance: acne, allergies, eczema, rashes, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis vulgaris, sexually transmitted diseases.
Furthermore, the following examinations are performed in my office:
- skin swab and microscopic fungal test
- swabs of the genital area and microscopic analysis
- skin biopsy under local anesthesia and sending of the specimen for histological examination
The photodynamic therapy (PDT) allows for a noninvasive treatment of preliminary stages of white skin cancer.
PDT can also be used for cosmetic treatments.
Aesthetic Treatments ("Dermatocosmetics treatments")
Skin alterations that are cosmetically undesired can be removed with proper treatment on a regular basis. You can expect to see considerable improvements of your skin with the right and consistent therapy. The overall appearance of your skin will be firmer, younger and more elastic. The removal of benign skin alterations, which do not pose a threat to your physical health, is not covered by the health insurance fund (Krankenkasse). I provide information on possibilities and costs of the cosmetic treatment:
- laser, cryotherapy (cold therapy with liquid nitrogen), trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and photodynamic therapy (PDT) can remove undesired skin alterations such as seborrhoeic warts, age spots, filiform warts and benign skin imperfections (e.g.: skin tags, dermal moles).
- undesired veins, for instance angiomas, telangiectasia, couperose or spider veins can be removed with the vascular laser.
- injection with hyaluronic acid for wrinkle treatment or against acne scars in the facial area.
- fruit acid peeling improves the skin texture, smoothes small wrinkles, reduces the size of your pores and delays skin aging. The fruit acid therapy may also be used after acne treatment to alleviate acne scars.
- Sclerotherapy with aethoxysklerol against spider veins on legs. Superficial, red spider veins may also respond to laser therapy.